Thursday 31 May 2012

Ponds and Strawberries

A few years ago when we moved into our house we ripped up all the grass in the front yard and mulched it planting plants and shrubs.


6 years ago it was pretty barren.  A friend who I didn't know at the time has since told me she wondered what the heck we were doing to our yard, she thought all the mulch looked terrible.


The recyclers made a big mess one morning but the picture shows what the yard used to look like.


This year the front yard is looking lush.  BTW, my friend loves the yard now.



The dreaded annual pond clean up.


I did it last year, your turn.


Blooming right now.


The strawberries are starting!



I planted a few strawberry plants in the front yard 3 years ago and they have spread like mad.  It should be a good crop this year.

No comments: