Saturday 14 January 2012

Grain Free, Gluten Free Almond Coconut and Chocolate Chip Cookies

     I have been feeling great since mostly giving up grains and sugars but sometimes you just need a treat.  I have been making chocolate chip cookies as my go to treat for over 20 years now. (I'm not old I just started baking early!)  I need to come up with some delicious grain free treats that the whole family will eat so I surfed the blogs to find a good cookie recipe.  I was inspired by this blog so I went with my 6 year old to make them, however it just didn't seem right to my bakers mind that there were no eggs in the cookies.  So I started tweaking it and I ended up with these.  


Grain Free, Almond Coconut and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mix together until well blended.

1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup butter

Add and mix until well blended.

1 egg
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp. almond extract
3/4 tsp vanilla

Add and mix.

1 cup dried unsweetened coconut

Add and mix.

1/3 cup chocolate chips (or raisins, dates nuts etc.)

Scoop out 1 Tbsp sized balls and press down slightly on baking sheet with fingers.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-11 min until the bottom of the cookie is golden brown.  Makes 32  1 Tbsp sized cookies.



The 2nd batch baking.


For the first batch we baked 12 and they went fast! 


No comments: