Monday 10 October 2011

Turkey Day Ride at the Hydro Cut

Adam and I went to the Hydro Cut today with our buddy Geoff and boy was it packed there.  A lot of riders enjoying the beautiful weather.  The bubble gum pink, fully rigid, single speed 29er was super fast on the trails today.  The bike was rocking on downhill sections that had me reaching for the brakes.  I was worried about using a single speed on the hills but after I'd completed Adam's Run passing a few riders along the way I knew it would be fine.  I am not used to standing so much on  climbs and I was sweating from the exersion and heat, it was 26C today!  I'm going to call Hugh Black tomorrow and see if he will let me try out the True North frame at the Hardwood Singletrack Challenge on Sunday.

I'm still thinking I'd like front suspension and 9 gears for my new racing bike.  I'm not sold on the single speed yet.

No comments: